Final Tax Returns for 2016 Due by 15 May 2017 – 6 weeks to go!
We know for most of our clients that preparation of material required for tax returns is a tedious job. The following requests and checklists are designed to ensure that we receive all relevant information required for your tax returns first time!
Your checklist to complete
To help you get a jump start on your tax returns we have a checklist here to help you send us all relevant information first go! Please send us your paperwork ASAP to avoid the last minute rush.
Simply fill in the checklist and submit it online or print it out once completed, then choose how you would like to send your supporting documents:
- Upload files using our secure client portal. Please contact the admin team on 02 8404 6700 if you require a login username & password or any other assistance with our portal.
- Email: Directly to your Accountant, or our admin team: firstname.lastname@example.org (note size limit is 25MB per email)
- Post: PO Box 561, CHATSWOOD NSW 2057
Note that BAS returns do not provide us with all of your information
You may have forwarded your BAS returns to our office during the year, but from experience, additional tax information will also be required. Should you need clarification of the information we have at our office, please call us.
Reminder re other items required
Please include relevant information concerning the following
- Private Health Insurance – net medical expenses
- Bank statements of operating accounts and especially loan accounts (all year)
- Dividend and interest statements
- Document relating to the purchase, sale, lease or finance of any of the following:
- Motor vehicles
- Real estate
We are always available to come out to visit you to obtain your tax information, or alternately meet with you at our office if you would like to discuss your returns before we commence working on them.
Completion of your tax return
Following receipt of your tax information, we will check all available information and respond with confirmation of receipt of information, timing for completion of your return and request for any additional information that may be required.
We thank you for your continuing support and encouragement to our practice and we hope that this approach to your tax return will be beneficial to your tax and financial management.
Please note that we are always available to help you with strategic tax planning, financial advice and financial planning.
Please disregard this message if you have recently sent us your paperwork for the 2016 tax return.